Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 3 -Saved By Grace



"For by grace you have been saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

                  Ephesians 2:8-9

I am so thankful that I am saved by God's grace, that I do not need to try to work my way into heaven. If I had to do sufficient works to earn salvation, I would definitely fail.
Perhaps you are familiar with the acronym for Grace:
                            God's Riches At Christ's Expense
I like this because it kind of sums up what God gave us and how He gave it to us. He wants us to have the riches of eternal life, He wants to bless us and share eternity with us, and out of His immense love for us He sacrificed His Son, Jesus, that we might receive forgiveness of our sin. All we need to do is receive this gift of God, it is available to all who come to Him by faith with a repentant heart. We do not deserve God's gift of salvation, yet He has given it freely to us because He loves us.

It is my prayer that you have received God's gift and are giving thanks for your salvation, and that you have been saved by grace! 
If you have not yet trusted in Jesus Christ as your Savior, then I pray you will seek Him with all your heart and receive the greatest gift given.

Blessings!
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment