Friday, November 6, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 6 - Marriage



"The man said,
"This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;

She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man."
For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother,
and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh."
                             Genesis 2:23-24

I am blessed to be married to my wonderful husband of 18 years. Marriage is a gift from God for which I am very thankful. There is no other person in the world whom I trust more than him; we share love, friendship, laughter, joy, tenderness, tears and trials. He is my best friend; he supports, encourages, loves and blesses me. He prays with me and for me, he has also been my Pastor for many years. We share faithfulness and commitment to each other.

God gave marriage to be a blessing and to be sacred. God intended for husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church and for wives to be subject to their husbands. If a man and woman devote their hearts and submit their lives first to God, then to each other, a blessed marriage can follow. There will be difficulties along the way but by God's strength the couple can persevere and grow in their love for each other.

It is because my husband and I have always shared our love for God that we are where we are today, we have been through much together - both good and bad. Yet we have each other and are blessed with two wonderful children, and we share our hope in Christ which sustains us. As we draw closer to God we also draw closer to each other.

If you are married, I hope you will join me in giving thanks for the gift of your marriage!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment