Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 4 - Our Strength and Shield



"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him."
                  Psalm 28:7

 
When trials come and we feel weak, we can turn to the Lord and He shall be our strength. When there are days that we feel we just cannot go on, then we draw our strength from the Lord; rather than trying to fight the battles by our own might, we can lean on Him and He will see us through. He will be our shield, the One who protects us from things seen and unseen. It is important that we allow God to be our strength during good times also, if we become self-reliant we are destined for disappointment.

People put their trust in a variety of things: people, jobs, riches, homes etc., but all these things are passing and have the potential to let us down. However, if we put our trust in the Lord we will not be disappointed, He will help us.


I am so thankful that He is my strength when I am weak and it is in Him that my heart trusts. I can trust in Him because He has never failed me and He has promised to never leave me.


So, let's give thanks today because:

  • The Lord is our strength

  • The Lord is our shield

  • We can trust in Him

  • The Lord helps us

Thanks for joining me today! Keep giving thanks!
Linda









No comments:

Post a Comment