Monday, November 23, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 23 - A Strong Tower



"The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe"
              Proverbs 18:10

Years ago I took part in a study of the names of God - "Lord, I Want to Know You" by Kay Arthur. Before I began the study I had no idea what a blessing it would be to study the names of God, I soon discovered that there are many names given in the Bible for God and each of them reveals something to us about His character and allows us to get to know Him better. In the days to come I will share a few of those names and why I am thankful for that aspect of God's character.

Today I am thankful that God has made Himself known to us and that His name is a strong tower for me, a place of refuge and security. It is where I can run and know that I am safe, I am protected there from the attacks of the enemy. When I feel alone, He is there... Jehovah Shammah. Who do you turn to in times of need?

I highly recommend the study book I mentioned, here is a link for it at Amazon if you want to check it out.

With thanksgiving,
Linda

1 comment:

  1. I have that Kay Arthur study but have never finished it (I'm great at starting, not so good at finishing:) I'm adding your badge to If Mama Ain't

    ReplyDelete