Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 20: Becoming a Habit...?

Well, my discipline of giving thanks for at least three things each day is drawing towards a close, and with two days to complete my goal of 21 days of being thankful I believe that it is becoming a habit for me. Even on the days which seem uneventful and I normally wouldn't look for reasons to be thankful, I am doing that now. However, I could see myself slipping back into my old ways if I don't consciously continue to make the effort to give thanks. Even though I won't continue to post my daily thanks, I will endeavor to be thankful on a daily basis.

  • Yesterday my daughter couldn't find her glasses, she was pretty sure she had them when we left church on Wednesday evening but couldn't remember having them after that point. We looked everywhere around the house and especially in her room. I even called the church to see if they had been turned in. I was starting to worry because we really don't have the money to replace them for her at this time, and she needs them. This afternoon I found them in my car, praise the Lord! We were both so happy for her to have them back again.
  • My husband and son went today to assist my sister in law with packing up her apartment to move. I am thankful that they were able to help her out with this and it didn't take them too long.
  • A friend of mine had surgery today and I have been praying for her, I just got a brief update that the surgery went well and she seems to be noticing relief of her symptoms. I am thankful for a successful surgery for her.
Blessings,

Linda 

No comments:

Post a Comment