Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 19: Growing Up

You've heard it said many times before that your children will grow up so fast, so enjoy them while you have them. It's true, even though my kids are still at home the reality that I may only have them living with us for a few more years hits me hard from time to time. This was one of those days. My son went through his orientation at the college today and will begin classes in January. When he mentioned he'd like to move into his own place when he is 18 it made me sad because that's not too far in the future.

So, choosing to be thankful......

  • I am thankful for each year, day, moment I have had and have with each of my kids. They are both wonderful youth, growing into adults. I am proud of them and excited for their accomplishments, their opportunities and their potential.
  • I am thankful that God is sovereign, He knows me and my needs and will provide because He is faithful and good, and He loves me.
  • Last night I slept through the night for the first time in I don't know how long. I am so thankful for that especially because I have been sick for 3 weeks now, so a good night sleep helped me to feel stronger today.
 Blessings,

Linda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment