Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 10 - God Establishes Us



"I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear and will trust in the LORD."
           Psalm 40:1-3

We have all come from different backgrounds and circumstances. Our childhood experiences shape who we are, and the choices we make determine the direction of our lives. Many make choices which drastically change their future and unknowingly takes them down a path of destruction.

One thing we all have in common is our freedom to come to Christ and to seek His forgiveness and salvation. No matter what we have done, God is willing to welcome us into His family and when we receive this, then God Himself establishes us. As the author of the Psalm says, God pulls us out of the pit of destruction in which we have placed ourselves; then He sets our feet on the rock, He gives us a firm footing and changes the course of our lives in a way only He can. When Christ becomes our Rock and Foundation for our lives we can stand firm and walk with confidence and in faith.  All of a sudden our lives take on a new direction and purpose, we have a new song to sing, a song of praise to God!

God does not leave us to flounder about on our own, He is with us and establishes us in Christ. I am so thankful to be established by God!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment