Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 12 - The Word of God



"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
                            Hebrews 4:12

If you read my post yesterday, you will know that I have been a Christian for 23 years. I have spent a lot of time reading God's word, though not always as consistently as I would have liked. This year, however, I have been able to establish and maintain my Bible reading and devotional time with God and the blessing has been tremendous. I start my day at around 6.30 am, and the first thing I do is fill my coffee cup and sit down with my Bible. After reading, I join my husband in prayer. I have read through the entire Bible in the last 8 months and am now reading some new Testament books before I begin a new reading schedule.

I can hardly begin to give thanks for God's word, it nourishes me and satisfies my thirst, yet the more I take, the more I want! The depth of knowledge of God and the power of His Word is often overwhelming, sometimes I have to just sit back and absorb the magnitude of what He has given us.

I fully believe in God's word as absolute truth and it is the authority in my life. God has provided for us His plan of salvation; from the beginning in Genesis through Revelation, He has revealed to us who He is, His purpose for His people and the promise of our future. It is the greatest love story ever told and the most captivating book I have ever read.

Make time in your life for God's word if you don't already, allow Him to minister to your heart and spirit as you study the Bible. Seek His truth for all aspects of your life, you will find it in His word. As you spend time in His word, and draw near to Him, He will draw near to you. You will begin to see things God's way and I pray you will surrender your will to Him.

I am including one of my favorite songs "Word of God Speak" by Mercy Me. I hope you take a few minutes to watch the video and meditate on God's word.




So thankful that I have the freedom to read God's word each day!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment