Monday, November 30, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 30 - In Everything



"in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
            1 Thessalonians 5:18

As we reach the end of our Thirty Days of Thanksgiving I want to share one of my favorite verses. It is one that I have turned to many times during my years as a Christian. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 tells us that we are to give thanks in everything for this is God's will for us. We are not just to give thanks during the good, happy times, but also during the times of trials, suffering, and distress. 

This is a learning process because it is not really in our nature to give thanks when things go wrong. However the reality is that no matter what our circumstances are, God is still God, still holy, righteous, and sovereign. He is still worthy of praise and thanksgiving even if our situation does not warrant thanksgiving at the time, there is always reason to be thankful and God can work all circumstances for good. We often cannot see the big picture when we are in the midst of a difficult time but God is good and faithful and worthy of our trust and gratitude.

I want to thank you for reading this series, I know I only have a small group of readers, but I appreciate you and am thankful for you. I hope that we will continue each day to find ways to be thankful and cultivate that attitude of gratitude!

In everything....give thanks!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment