Monday, November 2, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 2 - God is Good!



"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting."
                     Psalm 136:1

It is difficult for me to only quote verse 1 of Psalm 136 in this Thirty Days of Thanksgiving, because there are so many reasons to give thanks given - 26 verses in fact. So let me encourage you to read Psalm 136 today and to dwell on the attributes of God for which you can give Him thanks.

For now, I am just going to focus on the two attributes given in verse 1.
  • God is good. We use the word good so casually and frequently in our daily lives, yet if we stop and really think about what 'good' means and how it applies to God, we may not use it so lightly. In Mark 10:18 we read, "And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone". Jesus redefines the word good by saying that there is only One deserving of that description. He represents goodness, righteousness, purity and truth like no other possibly could. So I give thanks that my God is GOOD!
  • His lovingkindness is everlasting. God loves us with a never-ending love which is beyond our comprehension. His love for us is demonstrated in so many ways and knows no bounds. In the coming days I will share some of the ways by which God has demonstrated His love for us. I am thankful for God's love.
I hope you will find reasons to give thanks today!

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragment. Great theme for November. Glad we can connect. I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete