Friday, November 27, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 27 - Hope



"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul,
a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil"
                     Hebrews 6:19

What do you hope for? Do you hope for health, happiness, wealth, peace, love? Or do you hope for a relationship with a real, living God, full of love, truth and grace? My hope is in the Lord and I give thanks that He has given me this hope, which is my anchor, steadfast and sure.

Jesus has prepared the way. He has gone before us, torn the veil which separated us from the holy presence of God. We can come as we are and enter the throne room of God, washed clean by the sacrificial blood of Jesus. I am so thankful that I do not have to wonder if I am loved by God or whether I will be welcomed into His kingdom. God has given me assurance in His word that Jesus has prepared the way, that He is the way, the truth and the life and that it is only through Him that I can come to the Father (John 14:6).

This is the hope that I have: that in Jesus, God has granted me eternal life, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord forever. For this I give thanks today and always!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment