Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 9: Thankful for Loved Ones

 
We received some sad news today; over the weekend a man that we have known for some time passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly. This was a real shock to us and and we feel deeply for his wife, especially since their youngest son died earlier this year. It is unimaginable how difficult this time must be for her and their other son. 
Our thoughts and prayers are with them now. 

 
Though I have no reason to give thanks for this tragic loss, I do find myself giving thanks for my own family and realize how important it is not to take each moment for granted.

  • I am thankful that I have both my children and my husband with me and I cherish the love we share; it is my prayer that we would continue to grow closer as a family and enjoy each other.
  • Today was a bit of a challenge for me in the homeschooling realm. So, I am looking for reasons to give thanks in this area - I am thankful for small steps of progress and victory.
  • I am thankful that God's mercies are new every morning, that He loves me unconditionally even when I feel I least deserve it. Great is His faithfulness! 
Blessings to you.....

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment