Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day 5: With Thanksgiving and Prayer

Today we add another milestone in our family life, our 16 year old son obtained his driver's license! He got his permit in June, took driver's education in August and has been getting all the required hours of practice in. He actually passed the road test in October but here in Washington state, teen drivers are required to hold the learner's permit for a period of 6 months before they can acquire the license. The six month mark hit today and so necessitated a trip to the Department of Licensing. I was quite surprised when the lady asked for $89! I thought we had paid all the required fees already when we paid for the permit, the driver's ed. and the testing fees, but no........

Therefore it is with prayer that I give thanks today!

  • I am thankful that our son has obtained his license and can now go out driving unsupervised (did I really say that???) Ok, so really I'm thankful that he got his license and I'll be praying for his safety and wisdom while he drives unsupervised. This may take a little getting used to.
  • I am thankful that it is not freezing today. Though it is kind of rainy, the rain has brought slightly warmer temperatures. Can't complain about our cold weather, however, when much of the country has been hit hard with severe cold and snow.
  •  I am thankful for a home to live in with so many comforts and conveniences.
I hope your day has been blessed and you are able to find several things for which to be thankful.

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment