Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 13: It's the Little Things

Sometimes it seems like I am waiting for something big or exciting to happen in order to have a reason to give thanks. I want to be aware of all the seemingly ordinary things going on and consciously be genuinely thankful rather than just take them for granted. Hence today's three things:

  • My kids and I went to Target this afternoon in order for them to choose items for their youth group white elephant gift exchange on Sunday. It was fun to walk around with them, laughing at the really silly items they might consider bringing. I am thankful for that time with my kids.

  • Most week nights my husband works in the evening so isn't home for dinner with us. Tonight he was home and I am thankful our family could share dinner together.

  • This evening we enjoyed a Christmas movie together at home, along with some popcorn. So thankful for my husband and kids, I love them all and enjoyed our family time.

Blessings, 

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment