Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Woman of Proverbs

"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels." Proverbs 31:10

As a Christian, the Bible is the authority in my life. I love to start my day with the Lord, I am reading through the Old Testament right now. As I daily consider ideas and tips to share regarding being smart about saving, my thoughts turn to the example of a worthy woman as described in Proverbs 31:10-31. There is no doubt that she really has her act together and can put me to shame, she is the epitome of preparedness, considering how she can make the most of her resources for the benefit of her family. She appears perfect and many a Christian woman has felt discouraged that she could not live up to such a standard. I say, do not be overwhelmed, rather use her example to encourage and motivate yourself toward excellence. We cannot achieve perfection of our own strength, it is only of the Lord. As we receive the forgiveness of Jesus and He blesses us with the indwelling Holy Spirit, we can now walk and live by His power. Will we all of a sudden become like the Proverbs 31 woman? Probably not, but as we surrender daily to the leading of the Holy Spirit, He will gently transform us into His likeness.

If you would like to know more about the gift of salvation offered by Jesus, please feel free to e-mail me at smartmomsavings@gmail.com. Also if you do not have a Bible and would like one, I can send you one for free, I have several available to give away, but I can't afford to mail too many at my expense, so I'll have to limit this to just a few at this time, again just e-mail me and let me know you would like one.

"Her children rise up and bless her;" Proverbs 31:28

I hope you have blessed day,
Smart Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment